3/1/14: Flight Test Review Solo


Happy New Year!  :-)

To kick off the year, today I'm flying another area solo to further consolidate flight manoeuvres and emergency procedures in preparation for my Pilot Certificate Flight Test.

Today I performed:

  1. Short-field takeoff
  2. Slow cruise - 2400RPM 70KIAS
  3. Steep turns at 2500ft - 2 x left turns and 2 x right turns
  4. 2 x power-off stalls
  5. Forced landing simulation
  6. Fly back to YBAF requesting circuits on arrival
  7. Circuit 1 – normal touch-and-go
  8. Circuit 2 - normal touch-and-go
  9. Circuit 3 – missed glide approach so called a go-around.  With less weight in the aircraft, I extended flaps late so was coming in too high
  10. Circuit 4 – glide approach full stop landing
No time unfortunately for a precautionary search & landing exercise.

I have my BAK exam booked in for Friday 10th and all going well, have my Flight Test booked in for Saturday 11th morning.  Fingers crossed!  :-)

Until next time, have fun and fly safe!

1 comment: