16/5/13: Student Pilot Admin

Well, after about 6 weeks my Aviation Reference Number (ARN) finally came through from CASA, so I was then able to book an aviation medical with a local Designated Aviation Medical Examiner (DAME).

Completed my Class 2 CASA Aviation Medical today and my paperwork has been faxed off to CASA.  Hope to receive my aviation medical certificate in about 2-3 weeks.  A hefty fee for a 30 minute doctor examination!  Checkout Pilot Training Costs tab above for the fee breakdown.  Fairly standard examination for a Class 2 certificate... tests included eye sight, hearing, colour vision and blood pressure.

Also submitted my membership application today to Recreational Aviation Australia (RA-Aus) for a Student Pilot Certificate (licence to learn to fly).  Up until now I've been on a temporary RA-Aus membership (lasts 30 days I think?) which allowed me to complete the first flight lesson.

RA-Aus membership includes the issue of the Student Pilot Certificate, 3rd party insurance cover, Operations Manual, Technical Manual, 12 months RA-Aus membership and 12 months subscription to the monthly Recreational Aviation Australia journal.

So just waiting on the medical certificate and RA-Aus membership to come through.  I also believe before obtaining a PPL, I'll need to get an Australian Security Identification Card (ASIC).

Flight theory study is going well with flight lesson #2 scheduled for 22/6/13....   :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your lesson on Saturday Matt, looking forward to hearing how it goes.

    ReplyDelete